Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

Purchasing Advice

Go down 
+5
subspacepirate
MatthewTyson
Victor
Bradyc
Epinkard - Badger of Doom
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Purchasing Advice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 am

I don't really know anything about ICS, but I know G&G makes some beastly guns. I've got a G&G and the quality all around really shows. But again I really don't know anything about ICS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:11 pm

G&G and ICS are the big name "high quality" gun manufacturers. ICS has the 2-piece gearbox design under their belt, whereas G&G has more recognition. I would personally recommend the G&G over the ICS just because I've seen more of the former than the latter.
Back to top Go down
CaptKirby
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:25 pm

If your not gonna upgrade the internals of the gearbox or change the spring get the G&G. The main beneift of the ICS is the ability to change out parts in either the gear set or the cylindar set with out effecting the other. If you are not planning on changing it G&G is better quality.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks for the advice.I really don't want to upgrade the gun unless something breaks so i'll go with the G&G.
Back to top Go down
trumpet7347
Webmaster
Webmaster
trumpet7347

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:58 pm

I have the G4 A5, its a really nice gun, the blow back is pretty cool, the fps is a little low though. The blowback action is neumatic to it takes some of the air that is propelling the bb to blow the bolt back, other than that it is a fantastic gun, great rail system. its also built off the G&G combat machine so you know you are getting a great gun right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 pm

You mentioned the fps was a little low. How low does it shoot? Zach said his g4-a3 shot about 330 and his is preblowback. Im just trying to figure out a potential fps range
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:57 pm

The new G4s shoot 380 ish. You can just ask GI to drop in a 400 FPS spring and they'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:02 am

do you know right off hand how much extra that would cost?
Back to top Go down
CaptKirby
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 am

I would not have GI upgrade it. FPS does not equal range. Just buy the gun and see how it shoots. Should shoot, like tyson said, around 380 which is plenty fast. If you then want more range focus on your hopup unit, bucking and barrel first if need be.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks for the advice. The inner barrel is supposed to be a 6.03 tightbore and I have some madbull buckings that I bought before my AUG broke. Is there anything else I would need?
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:43 pm

CaptKirby wrote:
I would not have GI upgrade it. FPS does not equal range. Just buy the gun and see how it shoots. Should shoot, like tyson said, around 380 which is plenty fast. If you then want more range focus on your hopup unit, bucking and barrel first if need be.

True. Wasn't really thinking when I mentioned the spring.

But yeah. See how it shoots. Upgrade if necessary. Otherwise, leave it alone.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:49 pm

MatthewTyson wrote:

But yeah. See how it shoots. Upgrade if necessary. Otherwise, leave it alone.

I think thats a good plan. I wasn't really planning to upgrade or open the gearbox unless it's necessary to fix something.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:53 pm

I ordered the G4-A3 DMR and some midcaps today.

Last edited by Epinkard on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trumpet7347
Webmaster
Webmaster
trumpet7347

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:05 pm

yay, good for you, I hope you like it
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks I feel like I will. I believe I will have better luck with the G4-A3 than I did with the AUG reliability wise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Advice
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2