Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

Purchasing Advice

Go down 
+5
subspacepirate
MatthewTyson
Victor
Bradyc
Epinkard - Badger of Doom
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 am

Hello all, as some of you know I am looking for a new AEG i have been doing some research and I have found a few guns I'm interested in and wanted some more input about the guns i'm looking at.

The echo 1 scar: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3885

The airsoft gi G4-A1: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=6440

The airsoft gi G4-A3 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6097

and the echo 1 red star AK47 http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=2691

Any and all advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Ellis
Back to top Go down
Bradyc
Secretary
Secretary

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 am

I've told you my opinions. You could also check out airsoftretreat.com or http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Airsoft-Items-Sale-f224.html

You can really find some good deals if you buy used.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 am

Thanks Brady. I'll look there once Ive made a decision on what to buy.
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:53 am

Out of curiosity are you looking for your gun type on airsoftgi first or just of the ones you've liked they're all on airsoftgi? Because as awesome as airsoftgi is, they mainly have armlites and AKs. They've been expanding their gun types recently but they don't have every type available.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 pm

they have just been on airsoft gi. Ive looked other places but those are the guns i liked the most out of the ones ive looked at.
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 pm

I don't know much about those but I think that AK is supposed to be one nice gun. However, they all look great with the scar probably being the worst of them all. Not saying that it's bad, but out of all of them I'd rank that one the lowest in overall quality just from some quick looks.

You probably wouldn't be unhappy with getting any of those 4 though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
MatthewTyson

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:06 pm

If I may... have you considered simply upgrading your AUG?
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:13 pm

I have given that some thought but sadly parts of the dual stage trigger, the hop up unit itself, and anchoring points on the abs body have broken. also this is about the 5th time Ive had to fix something on it.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:17 pm

mm... that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:42 pm

it truly does.
Back to top Go down
subspacepirate

subspacepirate

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 am

The g4-a3 is a very fine gun.. mine is pre-blowback though so idk what they are like now.
Considering mine, it is a decent mid range weapon, but it can only reach so far stock. With a 9.6v battery, you will be able to get a pretty decent ROF.
From what I've been told by matt, the internals are pretty dang good for right off the self, although you will want to get your angle of engagement set right.
All in all, I'm thoroughly pleased with my g4-a3

*edit* o its the dmr version, that's what I get for not clicking the link. Eh, it should be more accurate than mine (I would hope). O and just for your information, my a3's fps is right at 330 NOT 400. By the way, the rear flip-up sight wobbles so much its worthless. You will want a sight if you go this way.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks for the first hand experience. I am really not too focused on high FPS but rather I am looking at reliability. I had heard really good things about them and thats why I looked into them.
If i get this gun is there anything i need to watch out for besides setting the angle of engagement?

(Edit) Thanks for the information about the flip sights. That just solidifies my purchasing of a red dot scope.
Back to top Go down
subspacepirate

subspacepirate

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:58 am

Um, I had a slight compression issue with mine, Matt fixed that by stretching out the O-ring. Other than that it has been rock solid for me. Had a little trouble getting the mags to load when I first got it, but once it got set in good I haven't had an issue since.

In regards to the red dot, I'd consider forming a piece of plexiglass and gluing it onto the front of the sight. those things aren't cheap after all
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 pm

thanks for the tip about the o-ring. Do you know right off hand what the issue with the mags was?
Back to top Go down
subspacepirate

subspacepirate

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:07 pm

I think it was the hop-up not setting in right, it was real loose when i first got it
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Oh ok so im guessing just realign the hop up?
Back to top Go down
subspacepirate

subspacepirate

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:39 pm

Probably, I stuck a mid-cap in it and then it worked fine from there on with mid or high cap mags
Back to top Go down
echo214

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:12 pm

i plan on getting the g4-A3 soon, and i know someone who has the g4-a5 dmr version. from what ive heard, they make pretty good guns. and its G&G parts, though i have no experience with the brand.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:33 pm

I have heard about the same as far as the quality of the guns with the A3 being the better of the 2. @ subspacepirate is there anything you would change or do different with the G4-A3?
Back to top Go down
[LGND]Squirrely

[LGND]Squirrely

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:28 pm

I myself own the g4-a5dune knight, and it is the best gun I have ever owned(also the most expensive @ $210) I have had 0 issues with it until I tried to upgrade it, but ithink it was just because ihave never upgraded any of mine before, so I kinda messed mine up. Overall the dune knight is the way to go in my opinion, and you can also remove part of the outer barrel to make it a bit shorter. Hope that helped. Good luck
Back to top Go down
subspacepirate

subspacepirate

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:40 am

While this shouldn't be an issue with the DMR version, I wouldn't mind tweaking mine some for extra range/accuracy. Other than that I've got no complaints.

*woot first on page 2*
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:02 am

It comes with a long tight-bore barrel so i don't think that would be much of a problem. What do you think the rate of fire on your gun is?

@squirrelly What did you try to do to the gun that messed it up?
Back to top Go down
[LGND]Squirrely

[LGND]Squirrely

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:15 am

Tried to upgrade to a firefly bucking, and madbull barrel. Bucking wouldn't fit back in properly, so I tried to take the hop-up unit apart and put it in that way, and I lost a tiny little piece of the hop-up. Put the old bucking back in, kept the new, shorter barrel and it shoots fine but I lost fps. It was shooting around 430, now it shoots, about 345. I've got a buddy who burned up the motor in his g4 though, so I'm going to try to by his barrel assembly off of him, and just put mine in if I go to a cqb game.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:20 am

Ok. I hope that works out well for you and you get the barrel assembly.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Hello everyone. I was looking on airsoft gi and I found where the custom shop had made a gun that is exactly like the g4-a3 dmr I plan on purchasing. The only difference between them is one of them is made by G&G and the other is made by ICS. Considering there is only a 5 dollar difference between them I have to ask which is better G&G or ICS?

g4-a3 dmr (G&G base gun)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6097

I4-a3 dmr (ICS base gun)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=8205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Purchasing Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Advice   Purchasing Advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next