Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

World of Tanks

Go down 
+3
echo214
Morgan
Victor
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

World of Tanks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Beta players from before January gets a free tank I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 pm

Yep. The rest of us get nothing other than a stat wipe.
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:11 pm

We still get to ding shots off Russian tanks!!!!!

Seriously though... What route are you guys going? I want to go German line just for the sake of the E-Series but I don't have ANY faith whatsoever in the devs to make those tanks balanced. I mean they still haven't fixed the problems for the Germans that were problems at the beginning of the closed beta. I don't want to grind all the way up painfully just to find that the devs turned the E-Series into a joke like what they did to the Tiger.

Only reason I see to go for US tanks is the T32 and the TD line (T95 and M39 Slugger). T95 and its 300mm of sloped armor RAWR.

Russians...meh. I won't jump on the bandwagon. (I might atleast get the T34 just to round out my historical garage.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm doing a split tree between German and Russian tanks, with an emphasis on German. I loved my Hetzer. And they took it away.
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:57 am

I'll be getting up to my Panzer III at least in the german line. I had the most fun with that speedy tank. Not really sure where else I'll be working my way up to though. Might go heavies with russian tanks, because I never unlocked any of their vehicles during beta.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:25 am

Most fun I've had with a Russian light was with the A-20. When maxed out on engine upgrades, I was having so much fun doing 70 through the middle of a fight.
Back to top Go down
echo214

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 am

i am gonna try for a M5 stuart light tank with the 75mm howitzer
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:20 am

The reward tanks are utter crap. My panzer 4/5 and my M4-whatever POS Sherman are terribad. Got me almost a million in credits though!!!
Back to top Go down
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Morgan wrote:
Got me almost a million in credits though!!!

/rage
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:28 pm

The Valentine is completely ridiculous. It took 4 light tanks and 2 mediums about 2 minutes to take one down, and the Valentine took down 3 of the lights in that time period. Fucking amazing tank.

Gotta say, I'm enjoying tank destroyers a lot. I have the su-76 (tier 3), and it's pretty beast at plinking mediums from long range.

Also have an m37. Obliterating anything up to and including tier 5 mediums is hysterical. It's just really hard to line up the shots right.
Back to top Go down
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm going to train back into the Hetzer. I was having fun two-shotting Tier 5 Meds with the high-damage gun and the High Explosive rounds.

I'm probably going to add the T-34 to my collection, but that's as far as I'm going in the Russian tree. Always liked T-34s.
Back to top Go down
echo214

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:15 pm

oh yeah. m37's up to 500+ damage a shot was awesome. just takes 10 minutes to reload, and an hour to sight in right. provided the target doesnt move.
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Hetzers gonna Hetz!!

Only premium tank I would think about getting would be the Ram-II and the Lowe once it comes out depending on if the devs don't nerf it to hell. It's supposed to be equivalent to the King Tiger.
Back to top Go down
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:09 am

Morgan wrote:

...depending on if the devs don't nerf it to hell.
Devs? Not nerfing anything non-Russian? Blasphemy!
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Stats are out for the Lowe. It has a decent gun but lower armor thickness than the KT all while having a lower HP engine and a higher weight. The Devs are freaking retarded. Germany planned two different versions of the Lowe the Schwere and the Leich or whatever... Heavy and Light. They gave it the weight of the heavy and the armor of the light with the gun of the light.
105mm + crap armor + 15 more tons than the KT + crappier engine = zomg lets sit back and snipe all day!!! No thanks. /end rant
Back to top Go down
echo214

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 am

herein comes my equasion.

M5 light tank + 75mm howitzer = uber-awesome arty/tank destroyer hunter

but is it just me, or is it very hard to get credits now?
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:11 am

credits are harder to get than they were in the beta. the higher tier you drive, the more credits you earn.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:10 pm

I started playing, worked my way up to the m37, gotta say I have a lot of fun with arty, unfortunately you are dead in the water as soon as a light tank breaks through your line. I'm fully researched on my m37 and just waiting for the cash to come so that I can buy my priest, I can't wait to be able to do full map coverage
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 pm

The higher tier you shoot and damage the more credits you earn. The higher tier you drive makes it harder to earn credits due to increased ammo costs and repair costs. Not to mention wanting to put your shiny Large Rammer, Spall Liner, and Vert. Stablizer on. Just another reason to go the Russian line of tanks. You don't have to pay to repair your tank when shots bounce off of you due to crazy sloped armor. Your shells cost less compared to German tanks AND your guns shoot slower so it is a great money saver. Germans are just big cardboard boxes with lots of HP meaning you have to pay tons to repair. Inside Note: You pay more to repair broken modules too compared to just raw HP damage. That's why its a pain to play German heavies because of insane module/crew damage. You may not die but you pay for it in the end with ammo and what I wrote above.

/takes a breath/ All in all I'm having fun with my Pz IV/V. I'm waiting for the E-50 and the E-75 to come out.
Back to top Go down
echo214

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 am

im running both a bt2 and a m2 light tank. trying to upgrade to the M5 LT with howitzer on it. as far as the BT2, idk. i also am going with german TDs and american SPGs. also going to try for american heavys, and shermans
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Uninstalled the game. It doesn't deserve to take up space on my hard drive. I can't find the words to describe how utterly inept the developers for this game are. I want to fly to Belarus and beat them to death with a history book about WWII tanks. Gave out my account credentials in general chat!!! So long World of Russian Tanks!!!!
Back to top Go down
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Morgan wrote:
Uninstalled the game. It doesn't deserve to take up space on my hard drive. I can't find the words to describe how utterly inept the developers for this game are. I want to fly to Belarus and beat them to death with a history book about WWII tanks. Gave out my account credentials in general chat!!! So long World of Russian Tanks!!!!

.......what?

Also, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but.......UMADBRO?

Last edited by Church on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
echo214

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:37 am

well, it makes it a challenge to not go with russian tanks. the american T30 heavy is the best heavy.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:26 am

sigh. poor fellow. doesn't understand how to flank a heavy.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 pm

easy way to flank a heavy: use heavy artillery
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Tanks   World of Tanks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

World of Tanks
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club :: Other :: Gaming-
Jump to: