Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

Epic RTD REVIVAL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 pm

I think I'll be bringing it back with a twist. These forums allow for personal character sheets and such. So all relevant information will be found in those. They can be found by going to your PROFILE then click CHARACTER SHEET. I've generated a few of your sheets already, but if you'd like to continue or start up with us let me know and I'll generate your sheet.

These sheets CAN NOT be edited by you. But they can be viewed by all others.

I'll be re-posting all the previous turns in a single post and we'll continue from there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 pm

So I was thinking of starting up a RTD, Roll To Dodge, game here on the forums. Essentially, it's similar to D&D or any other role playing game, but all dice rolling is done by the host(me) and I only use 6-sided die. The numbers are as follows.

[1] EPIC FAILURE! - Whatever you were trying not only failed but you're either dead or screwed.
[2] FAILURE! - Well you didn't do what you were trying but, HEY!, it could be worse?
[3] SUCCESS! - You're successful at whatever you were attempting...that's it...
[4] MODERATE SUCCESS! - Not only did you manage to do something, but you did it well.
[5] EPIC SUCCESS! - You might of just bent reality to accomplish your task.
[6] OVERSHOOT! - This is both good and bad, probably mostly bad. You succeed at your task, but at a cost...

I'll give some background story or setting or some such and you(the players) will do what you see fit. You can make 1 action per turn. An action entails a limited number of things you feel like doing, normally one primary task and takes the form of a roll. I'll cut your action short if you make it too long.

Successfully completing things with a 4 or 5 will allow you to level up in whatever you're attempting. Eventually giving you a small bonus to it.

Turns will cycle once everyone has posted or every 48 hours. We'll start with 6 players and any additional players will be put on a waiting list. When anyone dies, the next player in line will enter on the next turn. People will die...

If anything doesn't make sense, just ask.

If you'd like in please make a post with the following information...
Name: (Your name)
Skill: (1 thing that you are good at)
Description: (Give me a description about your character)

After we have players I'll create a post about the settings of the game and then the game will begin. However, there are no rules about times, or physics, or boundaries, etc. This game will be very open ended with a semblance of structure Very Happy

Oh and just to make things clear, put all game related text in bold or colored font. So anything you want me to read as part of the game, bold it, or pick a font color for yourself or something specific.
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Round 1

Spie wrote
Quote :
I barrel roll to the door beside the one that is getting shot.
[2 FAILURE] You attempt to roll over next to the northern door only to kind of flop around. But you still scamper over to the door.

The walls also seem to be smooth stone of the same material as the floor.

Guns nButter wrote
Quote :
I pull the minigun out of trumpet's avatar and attempt to blow open the nearest door.
If that minigun happens to be out of bullets, I attempt to use it as a battering ram on the nearest door.
[6 OVERSHOOT] By your will you rip a minigun out of the celestrial ether and open fire on the northern door. Showering the door and surrounding area with bullets. The wooden door is ripped to shreds by a hail of bullets. Unfortunately, Spie is also in range, she attempts to dodge [2 FAILURE]...unsuccessfully. She's bleeding from multiple bullet wounds.

It's hard to tell but you believe the rafters are neither stone or wood, perhaps metal. The roof is not well lit and hard to make out. You're unsure about the lanterns though.

Rollin wrote
Quote :
hm... those are some BRIGHT LIGHTS, I think I will use my patented NRGY DRN to SIPHON some lights
[5 UNNATURAL SUCCESS] Calling upon your energies you yank the essence of 4 of the 10 lanterns out and into you. You begin to glow faintly. However, part of the room grows darker with the lose of light.

You are now a Dabbling Energist!

Calvin wrote
Quote :
I look at the door furthest from the one the maniac is shooting at and look to see if it has a lock on it and if so what kind
[4] The southern door appears to have no locking mechanisms of any kind. It appears to be an old wooden door.
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Round 2

Guns nButter wrote
Quote :
I kick away the remains of the door i shot and look through, while further inspecting my minigun to determine its characteristics (rof, range, ammo type, ammo count)
[4 MODERATE SUCCESS] You inspect your new found ether minigun to find that it has around 4 turns of firing left in its ammo box. However, you can, at will, tuck it into a pocket of otherly space. Range appears to be that of a normal bullet firing weapon and as a minigun chews through ammo fast.

[2 FAILURE] As you kick away the remains of the door you can tell that it is a fairly narrow hallway that goes on for quite some distance. Unfortunately, you cannot see the end of the hallway as there seems to be no light in it. You think you can hear something down the hall a ways.

rollin wrote
Quote :
The remainder of the LANTERNS offends me, I should be the only thing glowing.

use patented NRGY DRN! and SIPHON the rest
[2 FAILURE] Trying once again to drain the unknown light sources from the lanterns, you find that you can't quite grasp the lantern energies this time.

Calvin wrote
Quote :
After all the shooting gets done, i try push the door that i am standing next to (i think its the south door) just enough to stick my head through and try to look inside
[1 EPIC FAILURE] You realize moments before attempting to push the closed door, that you should probably try opening it slightly first. You do so and peek through. You can only see about 5 feet into the room as the door is cracked open and little light is being shed on the dark room.

Spie wrote
Quote :
I yell at the gunner, " Will you watch where you are shooting please?!" I then examine my wounds trying to figure out how severe they are.
[1 EPIC FAILURE] Well they're bullet wounds...you think...and that's probably blood coming from them...
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Round 3

Guns nButter wrote
Quote :
I pocket my minigun and attempt to grab the AK-47 out of Hunter's avatar or the Glock out of my avatar, whichever is closest. Also, isn't there a set of night vision goggles in that pack on my back? *grabbing around*
[2 FAILURE] You fold your minigun into the ether and reach for the AK-47, but your hands grab at nothing.
[3 SUCCESS] You find your night vision goggles but remembered that the batteries are low in them.

rollin wrote
Quote :
walk into the next room and use some the NRGY MNPLTR to focus some light and check out the room
[6 OVERSHOOT] You use up one of your lantern energies to focus light into the hallway. BOOM! The hallway bursts into flames from the intensity of your powers.

You can just barely make out a door at the end of the flaming hallway.

Spie wrote
Quote :
I check my pockets to see if I can find anything that will help me repair this wound. If I do, I try to fix this wound.
[5 EPIC SUCCESS] You pull out a full medkit from your pockets with instructions on treating bullet wounds.
{4 MODERATE SUCCESS] You use the medkit to remove the bullets and stop the bleeding.

Calvin wrote
Quote :
i close the southern door and go and group up with the others at the other door
[4 MODERATE SUCCESS] You close the door and successfully walk to the other side of the room...
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Round 4

Guns nButter wrote:
I flick my NVGs on with my left hand for a few precious moments and check the hallway. With my right hand I reach around back and fumble around for my knife... Crap. Where's my knife?
You see what looks to be a metal vault door at the end of the hallway.
[1 EPIC FAILURE] As you fumble for your knife you grasp something sharp. It cuts into your hand and as you pull it out you find a mess of broken glass! Maybe you shouldn't of brought that collector's knife with you.

Your (left, right?) hand is now bleeding badly and cannot be used for any major actions.

rollin wrote:
AHHH fire!!! oh wait... lets NRGY DRN that fire!'
[6 OVERSHOOT] You focus your energies into pulling the fire within you, but something goes wrong! You have just transfered the fire from the room to your pants! Your pants burst into flame but you manage to contain the fire to your underpants.

You now have FLAMING UNDERPANTS!

I completely forgot to make you specify which of the 6 rooms(north,south,east,west,nw,ne,sw,se) you walked into. I'll edit this post with your actions once you let me know which room you accidental exploded.

Calvin wrote:
well, after i get done laughing at the silly fire person, i examine the hallway while there is plenty of light from the fire to see if i can see any sort of elaborate traps or security systems
[3 SUCCESS] You can clearly see that whatever room this is, has no traps of any visual nature.

Spie wrote:
I check the ceiling to see if anything is out of the ordinary.
[4 MODERATE SUCCESS] In one of the corners you notice a trickle of water coming from the ceiling. Otherwise the ceiling appears to be made of stone and perhaps metal support beams running through it.

You are now a DABBLING SEARCHIST! (1/5)

Going to do skill level ups on 4s and 5s instead of just 5s now. Check the status page to see if you gained any levels due to this change. You'll start noticing a difference in leveled up actions as you go.

Last edited by Victor on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Turn 5

Guns nButter wrote:
I rip a length of my shirt off and attempt to bandage my hand with it.
[4 MODERATE SUCCESS!] You rip a portion of your shirt off and bandage your bleeding hand. You've stopped the bleeding but it is still injuryed.

You have become a DABBLING BANDAGE MAKER [1/5]

rollin wrote:
NRGY DRN the pants fire, and lets head into the NORTH room and try to SHED SOME LIGHT
[4 MODERATE SUCCESS!] Although you can't save your pants from being burned to a crisp, you successfully transfer the remaining flames into your being.

You are currently standing at the entrance to the north hallway, the hallway ends with a large metal vault like door.

[1 EPIC FAILURE!] You use up all of your remaining lantern charges in focus but fail to generate any light.

Dabbling Flame Energist [2/5]

Calvin wrote:
I pull out a cigarette and light it with hunters flaming underpants
[6 OVERSHOOT!] You pull out cigarette and through some bizarre series of events seriously burn rollin's legs!

Daniel wrote:
A former archeologist of some sort. Well educated. Pretty much a wuss. Very good at solving puzzles, as well as hiding, and at opening doors quietly. Also, teetering on the verge of insanity. Hears voices in his head. Is being chased by some sort of all powerful monster that he can't do anything about. It likes to kill everyone around him. He's never actually seen the monster, it doesn't show up often..he just knows its coming and people keep dieing and he thinks its his fault.
You awake in a small dark closet-like space. A dim flickering light bleeds through the crack in the door. You hear a great deal of commotion going on somewhere nearby, but the sound is muffled.

DABBLING WUSS [1/5]

Spie wrote:
I examine the water to see why it is dripping.
[4 MODERATE SUCCESS] After examining the water for some time you can tell that it is certainly under the affects of gravity. Which seems to be the reason for the drip as opposed to the droplets floating around the room. You'd gather that there is either a leaky pipe or a body of water above this room.

DABBLING SEARCHIST [2/5]

Everyone can feel the ground shake heavily as there is a loud rumbling somewhere within this complex.
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Round 6

rollin wrote:
DECK calvin and then go let some of that dripping water run over my now burned leg
[6 OVERSHOOT!] You upper cut him Mortal Kombat style breaking his jaw in the process. However, not used to manual labor you break a finger.

You stand under the dripping water letting some of the droplets fall on your legs. It stings but doesn't cause any noticeable effects.

Spie wrote:
Seeing Rolin leg burnt, I go examine his leg and try to fix the burn.
[5 EPIC SUCCESS!] After a bit of work you stand back to see two very much not-burnt legs attached to Rollin.

Dabbling Medic [2/5]

Guns nButter wrote:
I attempt to pull a Gordito and speed the healing process on my injured hand through sheer force of willpower. I also begin slowly walking towards the vault door at the end of the hallway. What details become apparent as I get closer?
[2 FAILURE!] After focusing your willpower into your hand you just get a slight headache.

The door is most certainly some type of metal and has no door knob or handle of any kind. The door itself looks extremely reinforced. There is, however, what looks to be a small level to the right of the vault. You think you hear scratching on the other side...

Calvin wrote:
I scream obscenities at Rolin, I i take a long draw on the cigarette and approach the door that i believe the rumbling was coming from
[3 SUCCESS!] You successfully curse at Rollin. You are unable to tell where the rumbling was coming from.

You turn around just in time to be upper cutted like mad from Rollin!

You have a BROKEN JAW and cannot speak.

Daniel wrote:
I gently grab the door and open it quietly (only opening it enough to get a good look around the room while trying not to make myself visible to anything in the room), peering through the door while listening to the noises and trying to figure out what they are.
[6 OVERSHOOT!] You gently open the door while peeking through and listening. You lose your balance and crash forward through the door! But not before realizing there are no living entities in the room. You did land on your face which now hurts.

The room is dimly lit by a hanging lantern in the middle of the room. There is a single vault like door to the east. There are two sets of restraining shackles attached to walls along with a bed and small ice box. You vaguely remember escaping to this room and locking yourself inside. You think you can hear scratching on the other side of the vault door. There is a spin wheel attached to the wall to the right of the vault door.

Rasmuffin wrote:
A small child like entity that appears to have been grown out of a test tube. In fact this 4'10" male entity is the project of a secret Government lab designed to encompass all Human knowledge into a single human-ish brain. After the project was eventually scrapped due to Defense budget cutbacks the child was let free into the world where heroin eventually ruined his capacity to recite and preform any human action posted on Wikipedia. He now wanders aimlessly as he tries to remember how to breathe, talk and score heroin.
You find yourself in a well lit room. There are fluorescent lights at regular intervals along the ceiling. The room looks to be about size of a standard classroom. You sometimes wonder to yourself why you'll remember how big a classroom is but not how the heck you ended up in this room. There is a single door towards your north and cabinets line the walls. You also see a few stools, some overturned, scattered throughout the room.

Dabbling Drug Addict [1/5] (You may be able to use drugs to your advantage, however, you are cursed and require them)
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Round 7

Daniel wrote:
I quietly put my ear up to the vault door to try and figure out what those noises that I think are scratches are.
[5 EPIC SUCCESS!] You epically put your ear up to the vault door and listen intently. What you hear horrorfies you as you mentally picture this small gremlin like demon scratching at the walls with bits of fresh bone and debris.

You are now a DABBLING LISTENER! [1/5]

Spie wrote:
"Rolin, Calvin will yall please get along and stop hurting each other!" I dig in my pocket searching for some pain meds to stick in Calvin mouth. I then attempt to conduct first aid on Calvin's jaw.
[6 OVERSHOOT!] You find some morphine and inject it into Calvin's jaw. Hmm you probably should of measured that amount before injecting him, oh well what's the worst that could happen?

Guns nButter wrote:
*I briefly focus and look at my hand*
In the name of all that matters HEAL THYSELF.
[4 MODERATE SUCCESS] After almost too much concentration you can feel the fabric of your skin binding itself beneath your bandage.

You are now a DABBLING MEDIC [1/5]

[1 EPIC FAILURE] You check your thigh rigs for those injectors only to find that you have no thighs! Oh wait yes you do, but your thigh rigs are most certainly empty and torn open.

Rasmuffin wrote:
I wake up look around, and see the appetizing Mercury waiting for me in the Light bulbs. I look through each of the cabinets looking for stuff
If I find:
a hammer, gun, improvised bandage, hypodermic needle (any sharp small object will work), heroin, drain cleaner, aerosol can, fire extinguisher, floss or similarly strong string, Duct Tape, water source, alcohol, or electronic device.
Then i will gather it in the center of the room and try to fit the objects onto my person/pockets. (if tape is discovered then i will use this to make holsters for what i can't fit in pockets.

If I find a container preferably with a resealable top.
Then I will stand on a stool to remove all but one of the florescent light-bulbs (if need be I will stack two stools on top of each other and use a third to get on top of them).
After collecting the bulbs I will break them in the center with my foot and collect the mercury into the container I found.

I will then Open the door to the North with my most effective discovered weapon (stool counts) in hand.

Let's assume these light bulbs use liquid mercury.
[6 OVERSHOOT!] JACKPOT! Apparently you found someone's heroin stash. There's enough to kill 10 normal men and brain damage a horse! After gathering up the 30 needles you notice that they are indeed previously used and quite dirty, some are even rusty.

You feel your twitch for drugs grow immensely after this find, you're not sure how long you can hold out from using these obviously bad needles.

Your next plan of action is to get to those bulbs and all their glowy goodness...

Calvin wrote:
I flip Rollin the bird and try my best to mumble unspeakable things his way, i then allow spie to do here best to fix my jaw
[5 EPIC SUCCESS!] Your sign language curses know no bounds.

You are now a DABBLING POTTY MOUTH! [1/5]

You settle down and allow Spie to fix your jaw. You're feeling pretty happy after she stuck you...and tired...a bit dizzy...your vision goes black as you pass out. (I'll be rolling to see if you can regain consciousness, till then you can still say your turn when you wake up.)

Rollin wrote:
I'm going to go hang with Guns nButter...
You do so.
Back to top Go down
subspacepirate

subspacepirate

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:20 pm

sweet.. i was hoping you'd bring this back! i'm game!
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm not done setting it back up just yet and it'll primarily be updated during the week. I've got plenty of spare time in my classes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic RTD REVIVAL   Epic RTD REVIVAL Empty

Back to top Go down

Epic RTD REVIVAL
Page 1 of 1