Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

Magic: The Gathering

Go down 
+3
Victor
Morgan
Church
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Church

Church

Magic: The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:34 pm

I saw that we don't have a Magic thread up and running here, so figured I'd start one.

So.....anyone seen the New Phyrexia spoiler? If the cards that I see are any indication, this set's one heck of a joke set. Tons of OP cards. Given, a lot of them are pretty high in CMC, but with a lot of the decks I've seen you guys play with, mana's not an issue at all. There are just so many silly cards in this set, or at least I see it as silly. There are a few gems, I will admit, and some cards that have great synergy, but I just don't see this one as a complete success. But when I try out a few, maybe I'll see it a bit different. Who knows?

Thoughts on the new set?
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:52 pm

I didn't think they could get more OP than that Blightsteel Colossus.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Morgan wrote:
I didn't think they could get more OP than that Blightsteel Colossus.

Google "New Phyrexia visual spoiler". You'll see.
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:04 pm

The art alone is enough to make me want to buy them.
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:13 pm

I really like some of those new artifacts
Back to top Go down
http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Victor wrote:
I really like some of those new artifacts

You and your artifacts, Victor. It's quite hilarious.

So, now we have a colorless (albeit 7 mana) Planeswalker. Artifact fun much?
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:18 am

I could turn 3 or 4 Karn if I built a deck around him. I'll probably be ordering a few sets of some cards sometime.
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:13 am

Can't decide between Warmachine and putting together this MTG dragon deck. Well... guess its a moot point since my summer job didn't work out as planned. Sad
Back to top Go down
subspacepirate

subspacepirate

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:38 pm

totally bumping an old thread.. my roommate and I got into magic this summer, y'all still play?
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Plenty of people play, not as often as we used to but all it takes is a few people bring it up
Back to top Go down
subspacepirate

subspacepirate

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:19 pm

sweet, we'll have to come join in next time y'all get together to play if ya don't mind some cannon fodder. btw, do y'all enforce any restrictions on decks? other than no more than 4 of any card of course
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:48 am

Nope, friendly restrictions happen after cards get played if they are just not fun, such as auto-win combos. Then you're not really playing against anyone, just trying to play cards.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:55 pm

I've frankly grown out of magic lately. I spent time and money building a variety of fun decks, but they're so good that games just aren't fun when I'm playing them. I'd much rather blow $500 on warmachine than even $50 on magic.
Back to top Go down
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 pm

I still play some tough havnt in a while since noone in starkville over the summer was really up for it.
Back to top Go down
Baroni

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Beleave it or not, im still playing even though im in Afghan! Tyson your welcome to relocate your cards to my house if your just too "grown" to play ;P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering Empty

Back to top Go down

Magic: The Gathering
Page 1 of 1