Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club


 
HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

Share | 
 

 Eve.. an important question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Victor
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 238
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 29
Location : MSU Starkville, Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:47 pm

All this talk of eve is making want to start it up again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
subspacepirate

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 27
Location : somewhere...

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm

So far i'm impressed with it.. i heard an interesting thing though, does the 21 day buddy invite thingy stack with the trial period?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
subspacepirate

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 27
Location : somewhere...

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:40 pm

also, what would be a good set up for running lvl4 missions? so i have something to plan towards...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 25
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:30 pm

No the trial does not stack. Dominix and Raven are easy button for missions. Dominix = gallente battleship that uses drones to kill targets. Raven = Caldari missile spamming epitome of carebear-ness.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
subspacepirate

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 27
Location : somewhere...

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:35 pm

ah bummer.. and the raven sounds good Very Happy

hmm so how bout this, 21 day trial > $15 gamestop edition(30days). think it'd be possible not to have to pay for the game anymore after that point? granted i executed training and such perfectly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MatthewTyson



Posts : 207
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 27
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:00 pm

subspacepirate wrote:
ah bummer.. and the raven sounds good Very Happy

hmm so how bout this, 21 day trial > $15 gamestop edition(30days). think it'd be possible not to have to pay for the game anymore after that point? granted i executed training and such perfectly?

To be blunt, you won't have any fun during that entire time period, and for several months after as your skills continue to go up to a reasonable level. You might want to plan on paying for maybe 3 months, and then using isk to buy your way from there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter



Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm not so sure that that is feasible, I'm still incapable of making that much money, and it took me the greater part of a month to get high enough standings to run lvl4 missions in the first place. And unless your going to buy a plex to start off with, making enough money to buy a mission running ship is not going to be a cakewalk either
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 238
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 29
Location : MSU Starkville, Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:36 am

Reading up on plenty of guides and using a drake or raven you can do it within two months. Both are caldari ships. I started as caldari and went this route. They'll be your easiest method of earning quick mission isk. Within 1 month you may be able to tank level 4 missions in a drake. Within 2 months you surely can. By 3 months you'd upgrade to a nice raven battleships or stick with the drake and be able to solo most level 4 missions. Having a buddy to help with these more than cuts the time needed in half though.

Once you get up to running lvl 4s I may reactivate my account and run with you. I've got a strat cruiser that needs more exercise.

Yea plan to pay for at least 3 months. That way you can have fun with it and take your time getting used to things especially since nothing in eve goes perfectly.

Hunter wrote:
I'm not so sure that that is feasible, I'm still incapable of making that much money, and it took me the greater part of a month to get high enough standings to run lvl4 missions in the first place. And unless your going to buy a plex to start off with, making enough money to buy a mission running ship is not going to be a cakewalk either
You also went the most round about way ever to level any of your skills up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
Morgan

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 25
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:24 am

You could try to weasel your way into some renter alliance that is in good ratting space. I'm a pirate/pvp-er at heart but I don't mind killing triple 1.7million battleship spawns when I'm bored or broke. You'll be expected to fight every now and then and you will have to deal with the occasional bad guy floating about but it's easy cash. If I totally switch to carebear mode with both of my accounts I can make 1 billion easy in a day just from belt ratting or doing anomalies. Not to mention planetary interaction, salvaging, faction spawns, plexes that drop billions worth of loot if you are lucky, and other goodies too. Besides you might be able to steal a Officer Sensor Booster from a macro-ratter! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
Morgan

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 25
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:27 am

But yes... 3 months minimum. And even then its going to be boring to grind through standings and missions are boring in general. Go to X system, kill X rats, pick up X container, rinse repeat. THAT will wear you down and cause you to not have fun with the game probably. I take breaks from EvE when it starts becoming a job... if any of you guys have had that happen to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
subspacepirate

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 27
Location : somewhere...

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 am

i know it'll be a rough grind, but i've been more or less challenged to prove its possible. my roommate says he'll play if i can pull it off lol. he's worse about not wanting to pay then i am lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 25
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
subspacepirate

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 27
Location : somewhere...

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:27 pm

^ wow that was awesome lol..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter



Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:55 pm

victor wrote:


Hunter wrote:
I'm not so sure that that is feasible, I'm still incapable of making that much money, and it took me the greater part of a month to get high enough standings to run lvl4 missions in the first place. And unless your going to buy a plex to start off with, making enough money to buy a mission running ship is not going to be a cakewalk either
You also went the most round about way ever to level any of your skills up.
Just maybe :U

But I take pride in getting a tier one battlecruiser to do 700dps, once I can afford to do so, I will be flying a vulture for our fleet ops. And when we go on major pvp ops, I will fly an Astarte to pump it up to 1200dps(need moar skills to get my dps up this high)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 25
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Brutix can do a 1000. Mine pumps out 1020 with the Void Buff. I own an Astarte but it doesn't really get used that much. I can't justify paying 100+ mil for a glass cannon shield tanked Astarte that WILL BE PRIMARY. Plus you have to get within 5km to do damage. I'll take my Blasterthron or Pulse Geddon on a roam before that thing. Meh... even a Brutix does the same thing with less tank.

my 2 isk
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
MatthewTyson



Posts : 207
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 27
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Morgan wrote:
Brutix can do a 1000. Mine pumps out 1020 with the Void Buff. I own an Astarte but it doesn't really get used that much. I can't justify paying 100+ mil for a glass cannon shield tanked Astarte that WILL BE PRIMARY. Plus you have to get within 5km to do damage. I'll take my Blasterthron or Pulse Geddon on a roam before that thing. Meh... even a Brutix does the same thing with less tank.

my 2 isk
I fly a variety of things on roams. Usually frigates, like the wolf. Occasionally hurricanes. If I'm feeling ambitious I'll grab a broadsword. I just bought a pair of typhoons to use with heavy neuts and torps, we'll see how that goes.

Also...anything capable of doing even a reasonable amount of DPS is going to get primaried in a fight. Thus you have a few choices: 1) huge tank on said primaried ships, 2) logistics ships, or 3) fly something that doesn't get primaried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter



Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:26 pm

MatthewTyson wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Brutix can do a 1000. Mine pumps out 1020 with the Void Buff. I own an Astarte but it doesn't really get used that much. I can't justify paying 100+ mil for a glass cannon shield tanked Astarte that WILL BE PRIMARY. Plus you have to get within 5km to do damage. I'll take my Blasterthron or Pulse Geddon on a roam before that thing. Meh... even a Brutix does the same thing with less tank.

my 2 isk
I fly a variety of things on roams. Usually frigates, like the wolf. Occasionally hurricanes. If I'm feeling ambitious I'll grab a broadsword. I just bought a pair of typhoons to use with heavy neuts and torps, we'll see how that goes.

Also...anything capable of doing even a reasonable amount of DPS is going to get primaried in a fight. Thus you have a few choices: 1) huge tank on said primaried ships, 2) logistics ships, or 3) fly something that doesn't get primaried.
so long as I am capable of pumping out an intense amount of dps I will have fun.

also no shield tank

[Astarte, ITS HULL TANKED]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

10MN MicroWarpdrive II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M

Hammerhead II x5

DON'T DOUBT I WOULD DO IT 8U
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MatthewTyson



Posts : 207
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 27
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:57 pm

well... Astartes are fun because they have those command ship resistances going for them. If I were feeling gutsy, I'd put some propulsion rigs on that thing just to get it to the target faster. Either that or some weapon rigs. More tracking and falloff is hard to argue against Very Happy

and btw hunter, if you feel like trying... replace the bulkheads with a 1600mm plate and an energized adaptive nano membrane, and use trimark armor pumps for rigs. See if it gets you more EHP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 25
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:16 am

You can't fit 1600mm plate, MWD, and Neutrons. Not enough grid. And I would have to slap you for putting an ACR on a command ship.

Hull tank thing gives you 45k ehp. It's slow as a megathron. A standard shield buffer cane could kill you due to the fact you don't have a cap injector and are too slow to keep in range.

Atleast put a small cap injector with Navy 400 boosters in it. <--- I run those on my Vigilant/Proteus

If you are dead set on running a buffer astarte drop the hull crap and fit a shield tank.
3x magstabs, 2x nanofibers, dcuII
mwd, invul, LSEII, cap injector
a rack of neutrons
T2 EM screen rig
T1 Core defence field rig

those two nanofibers are the only things that will make you the least bit usefull since you almost go 2km/s overloaded. And since you don't have the slots to fit a web void is not going to be hitting well on regular sized ships so stick with CN antimatter.

P.S. I'm our corporation's fitting director/fitting police. I get to kick people for losing stupid fit ships. AKA last night some idiot lost a megathron with 3 heavy neuts on it and 5 blasters.
Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
Hunter



Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:58 am

Morgan wrote:

Since I am the corporation fitting police I would KICK any member who undocked in a shield tanked megathron.

Morgan wrote:
You can't fit 1600mm plate, MWD, and Neutrons. Not enough grid. And I would have to slap you for putting an ACR on a command ship.

Hull tank thing gives you 45k ehp. It's slow as a megathron. A standard shield buffer cane could kill you due to the fact you don't have a cap injector and are too slow to keep in range.

Atleast put a small cap injector with Navy 400 boosters in it. <--- I run those on my Vigilant/Proteus

If you are dead set on running a buffer astarte drop the hull crap and fit a shield tank.
3x magstabs, 2x nanofibers, dcuII
mwd, invul, LSEII, cap injector
a rack of neutrons
T2 EM screen rig
T1 Core defence field rig

those two nanofibers are the only things that will make you the least bit usefull since you almost go 2km/s overloaded. And since you don't have the slots to fit a web void is not going to be hitting well on regular sized ships so stick with CN antimatter.

P.S. I'm our corporation's fitting director/fitting police. I get to kick people for losing stupid fit ships. AKA last night some idiot lost a megathron with 3 heavy neuts on it and 5 blasters.
Mad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MatthewTyson



Posts : 207
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 27
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 pm

I lol'd.

Also, ACR?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 238
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 29
Location : MSU Starkville, Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Before anything gets too silly, fitting is as much opinion as it is fact and all depends on what you want to accomplish with it with the skills you have or will have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
Morgan

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 25
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:28 pm

ACR = ancillary current router

Rig used to increase your powergrid by a certain percentage (15% me thinks)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
MatthewTyson



Posts : 207
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 27
Location : Starkville

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Ah. I don't recall ever needing one of those on any of my fits... >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
subspacepirate

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 27
Location : somewhere...

PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:07 pm

T_T considering how little time is left in the semester, i probably won't be setting up a serious account till next fall, unless i get internet at home *crosses fingers* o well..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Eve.. an important question   

Back to top Go down
 
Eve.. an important question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The question of talent in tennis
» Pulley Question
» grip strength advice..ask david horne any question on grip training....
» How important are your balls... golf balls that is...
» Important Information

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club :: Other :: Gaming :: Eve Online-
Jump to: