Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

Share | 

Durable Standard Decent M4/M16 rifle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aramis
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Durable Standard Decent M4/M16 rifle   Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Hey guys,
It's been a while. I got to see some of you at Blacksheep a few weeks back. I haven't heard any stories yet, but I hope you had a blast. I sure did. I though that I would get out of airsoft a while back and I've been slowly fading, but I realized it's probably here to stay. I really enjoy running with a team of guys and that's probably the only kind of airsoft I'm going to be doing in the future. I used to want a really "unique" gun but now because I want to run with a team I'm looking for a standard M4/M16 type rifle. I haven't been abreast of the industry like you guys have so I was going to ask your opinion on what I should get.

I don't need it to shoot lazers of bbs in a 1" hole at 300'. All I want is a solid gun that I can throw in a box and pull out for a big event and not worry about tweaking it. I've super upgraded guns in the past and I think performance wise I don't need anything special anymore. I'd like it to be accurate and have decent range, but 150-200' is all I hope for.

I've been looking at a KWA SR10 (the honda civic of higher end guns it looks like), but I've heard that G&P is better and VFC better still. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epinkard - Badger of Doom
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Durable Standard Decent M4/M16 rifle   Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Hey Aramis! VFC seems to be the best route to go if you can afford it, and from what I understand G&P, G&G top tech, KWA, and higher end ICS not trailing too far behind Also Echo one platinums and the High end XCRs are actually VFCs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daftpwner
President
President

PostSubject: Re: Durable Standard Decent M4/M16 rifle   Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:56 pm

I'd also like to throw King Arms onto the stack. Their higher end stuff is rock solid, if you can find it in the U.S. Since this is likely your "forever gun," I'd suggest you pick one with the external features you like. If performance is sub par, it is more readily fixed than crappy external features. Unless you are dead set on KWA, I would avoid them simply for their proprietary internals. Since you don't want extreme performance, I'd recommend looking at ICS. Their split gearboxes are dead easy to work on and plenty sturdy for basic setups.

Epinkard - Badger of Doom
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Durable Standard Decent M4/M16 rifle   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:58 pm

If you want to go for something a little different, I just got the elite version of the ARX 160 by elite force. I found it to be surprisingly accurate and has a good range out of the box. the only issues i have is the hop up bucking ripped the first day, but that was nothing i couldn't fix with a good ole madbull blue, and the hop up nub falls out easily, but a replacement can be made with a pencil eraser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aramis
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Durable Standard Decent M4/M16 rifle   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks guys, I'll check those out as well. I haven't seen to many King Arms setups and I have no experience with Elite Force.

Yeah KWA has the proprietary air nozzle, but I'm not terribly worried about that. I really really really never want to touch the gearbox of whatever I get (upgrades or replacement) unless it's to drop in an HPA system so that I won't have to touch the gearbox Smile

I like the idea of the ICS split gearbox. The ICS I used for blacksheep didn't like my KWA K120 mags though Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Durable Standard Decent M4/M16 rifle   

Back to top Go down

Durable Standard Decent M4/M16 rifle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1