Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

Alright I need some help making some cash in eve

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter

Alright I need some help making some cash in eve Empty
PostSubject: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:36 pm

I still have not been able to get past the "barely affording a BC" phase of eve, even though I have the training to support much stronger vessels. I know you can make tons of Isk on PI, but I really have no clue what to do and how to set it up, I need like a step by step guide of the industrial stuff, cause it is nowhere near my specialty. So what all skills can I train, and what all process can I use to make some good Isk? I want to get enough to buy and fit my nighthawk in 20 days.
Back to top Go down
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Hunter, I know how you feel. I'm in the same boat, more or less. I mean, right now I'm not playing EVE, but before I left I was scraping together cash to get my T2 Maelstrom fit. I'll be watching this to see what others have to offer as well.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:49 pm

PI is a tricky little thing. For starters, you need the following skills:
Remote Scanning - allows you to look at planets (higher ranks = look at planets further away). Frankly you only need this to 1, but 3 makes it a little easier to find a nice system.
Planetology - makes your resource scans of a planet "better". Get this to 5.
Advanced Planetology - same as above, makes your scans even better. Get this to 3 at least, preferably 4.
Command Center Upgrades - allows you to upgrade your command center, giving you more powergrid and more CPU to use. Get this to at least 3, preferably 4.
Interplanetary Consolidation - each rank allows you to control an additional planet. You are going to want to get this to rank 3 (4 planets controllable) or rank 4 (5 planets controllable), your choice.

After that, read the following pages:
Basic tutorial:
http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/w/index.php?title=Planetary_Interaction
Full products list:
http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/w/index.php?title=Planetary_Commodities

The most profitable items are ranked P4, but are the hardest to get. I have 2 accounts running extractors at 24 hour intervals, and I'm making about 30 mil a day. Philip has a P2 chain that makes him 40 mil a day using 5 hour intervals, but he is probably going to run into depletion problems within a matter of days.
Thus, I would reccomend running a P3 chain.

I will continue my tutorial in a few minutes once I get to carpenter hall.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 2:05 pm

To find yourself a good product to make, go and look on the jita market and compare the prices of all the P3 goodies, and find which ones cost the most. Then find out what planets you need to make them.

I would recommend doing all of your harvesting on individual planets and refine them to P1, then have another dedicated planet that runs your P2 and P3 processors.

Example:
Robotics can be made on a Plasma planet with no other resources, but they can be made more efficiently by using multiple planets.
Here is a breakdown of what it takes to make robotics:
Robotics
(I) Mechanical Parts
(a) Precious Metals
Noble Metals
(b) Reactive Metals
Base Metals
(II) Consumer Electronics
(c) Toxic Metals
Heavy Metals
(d) Chiral Structures
Non-CS Crystals

You would be harvesting the following P0 products, and refining them into P1 products using Basic Processors:
Noble Metals from your first planet, which you refine into Precious Metals
Base Metals from your second planet, which you refine into Reactive Metals
Heavy Metals from your third planet, which you refine into Toxic Metals
Non-CS Crystals from your fourth planet, which you refine into Chiral Structures

Every now and then, you will need to launch your P1 products up to the Customs Office using a Launchpad. Once there, grab yourself an industrial and haul them to your fifth planet.

On your fifth planet, you will have a series of Advanced Processors to refine your P1 products into P2 products (Mechanical parts and Consumer Electronics). You will then have another series of processors that refine your P2 products into your P3 product, Robotics. Just launch your Robotics up to the customs office every now and then, haul them off to jita (or wherever), and sell them.

This page has a list of the various P4 processes, but if you think about it, each of the P4 processes just requires a certain number of P3 processes to make them.
http://www.hst-soft.de/korai/Eve_PI_Diagrams_v1_4.pdf
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 2:19 pm

A quick elaboration on the numbers behind everything:
A basic processor requires 3000 units of P0 product per 30 minutes, for an effective 6000 units per hour. Remember that P0 is what comes out of your extractors.
A basic processor produces 20 units of P1 material per 30 minutes, for an effective 40 units per hour.

Lo and behold, an Advanced Processor (with a P1 -> P2 schematic) consumes 40 units of P1 (per material) per hour. This means that with one basic processor per material, you can power an advanced processor without a problem. An advanced processor with a P1 -> P2 schematic produces 5 units of P2 product per hour.

On the flip side, an Advanced Processor with a P2 -> P3 schematic consumes 10 units of P2 product per hour. This means you need to have 2 Advanced processors per P2 material to fully power a P2 -> P3 advanced processor. These P2 -> P3 processors produce 3 units of P3 material per hour.

Finally, a High Tech processor consumes 6 units of P3 material per hour, meaning you need to have 2x P2 -> P3 processors to fully power a high-tech processor. This means 4x P1 -> P2 processors, per material.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:53 am

Well I have been working on my PI, read all the articles, and only realized last night that it is now impossible to do a single planet p3 reaction, and I have now wasted a good deal of money setting up two failed planets, hopefully my lava planets lego constructions can help make up the cost. I have one gas planet creating oxidizing agents that get almost no amount of cash in rens now, learning this has been most wasteful.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 am

Well I have been working on my PI, read all the articles, and only realized last night that it is now impossible to do a single planet p3 reaction, and I have now wasted a good deal of money setting up two failed planets, hopefully my lava planets lego constructions can help make up the cost. I have one gas planet creating oxidizing agents that get almost no amount of cash in rens now, learning this has been most wasteful.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Hunter wrote:
It's possible to run a P3 reaction on a single planet, but it will yield much less profit than if you were to use multiple planets. My advice:
Draw yourself up a diagram like I did for robotics, except label which planets can produce the P0 products you want. Then look around for a system with the necessary planets.
If I were you I would try producing a single P1 product per planet to start out with, and combine them on a seperate planet (like I showed). Later on when you have level 4 or level 5 command centers you can try making an entire P2 product on each planet
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:02 pm

MatthewTyson wrote:
Hunter wrote:
It's possible to run a P3 reaction on a single planet, but it will yield much less profit than if you were to use multiple planets. My advice:
Draw yourself up a diagram like I did for robotics, except label which planets can produce the P0 products you want. Then look around for a system with the necessary planets.
If I were you I would try producing a single P1 product per planet to start out with, and combine them on a seperate planet (like I showed). Later on when you have level 4 or level 5 command centers you can try making an entire P2 product on each planet
I am now running P2 productions on my lava planet efficiently, and I'm working on beefing it up right now, in a couple of days I will upgrade from lvl4 to lvl5 control center, I've learned a bit more after having run a couple of cycles, I know have a couple of extractors mining out 15k/hr runs on a hisec lava world, later tonight I will see how they are running, if needed I will decommission some of the extractor heads and run a couple more processors.

question: what happens when you deplete a resource? do you just have to move the extractor heads around and wait? or has the planet lost all usefulness?

Edit: oh my god this stuff is addictive, though from the look of it my lava planet is going to be churning out products, Its now over producing P0, I decommissioned some extractor heads and made more processors, tomorrow I'm going to set up 2 new planets and get a couple more p2 chains going. once I get planet consolidation 4 and com center upgrades to 4 I will work on a p3 reactor planet and move all the others to straight resources.
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 am

On my lava planets in 0.0 I crank out either transmitters or consumer electronics. Those sell for about 10k a piece right now in Jita I think. Honestly though, PI in highsec isn't worth the trouble. I made only 60mil a week using two toons in 0.0 covering 8-9 planets making coolant, uranium, transmitters, polytextiles, and consumer electronics.

Give me your ingame name and I'll drop you 20mil or so. Been playing since December of 06 so I've got a bit of cash to throw around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Captain.M0rgan
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Impressive. I'll have to try moving my chain out to 0.0 and see if I can fully supply a hi-tech processor.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Well, I'm now running my 4 planets at p2 production 24/7 so I don't think moving to 0.0 would help me too much. 8 ours produced enough materials for 800k isk, so roughly 16m isk a week on my 4 planets, 20m once I finish lvl4 planet consolidation. I could probably move my products to jita instead of rens and get 20% more, but this is for lazy, undangerous cash. I don't quite understand the benefit of manufacturing planets and extraction planets, as aposed to doing the p2 on each planet, but for now I have all my installations in place going strong.

Ingame name is rollinthunter though if you want to just forward me cash

edit: it takes a couple of hours to analyze how a program is going to run with all your processors, but its interesting what kind of fixes you have to do to keep a line running smoothly, this is actually very interesting :U
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:51 am

Its just that in 0.0 in the space far out there, the planets have MUCH more resources. More hotspots and your extractors pull in magnitudes more per cycle. I have all of the PI skills maxed so I could find the best places and I was pulling in about 35k-40k worth of planet goo per one hour cycle with 4/5 extractors.

FYI I had my main with the good scanning skills to extract everything. Each of those extractor planets had 4 basic factories that fed into 1 advanced or whatever to help crunch down the planet goo. Everything left over would be shipped out to my other toon with 4 production planets. I had to use a corp mates orca to transport all that damned p1 stuff from planet to planet.
Back to top Go down
Morgan

Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 am

Oh crap... you are in Vanguard?

P.S. Don't fly a Megathron unless you can A) Afford to lose it and B) Fit it right

Since I am the corporation fitting police I would KICK any member who undocked in a shield tanked megathron.

I was in Badwolf btw... You may have seen me troll a few of your guys Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:04 am

Morgan wrote:
Oh crap... you are in Vanguard?

P.S. Don't fly a Megathron unless you can A) Afford to lose it and B) Fit it right

Since I am the corporation fitting police I would KICK any member who undocked in a shield tanked megathron.

I was in Badwolf btw... You may have seen me troll a few of your guys Embarassed
I have never flown a mega, but for my 30m 600dps brutix fits I usually just kill tank anyways. Right now I am working up 200m so I can buy me a nighthawk for lvl4 missions, all the skills are in place and I can fully fit the T2 tank for it'll be a couple weeks before I can fit the T2 launchers though
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Both of my characters have level 5 command centers, 5 planets each, and 5/4 planetology/advanced planetology. My chain is based in a 0.4 sec system. I usually use the 1 day programs and pull ~12k per hour per material (except for complex organisms, which i get like 9k...damn things are the bane of my existence). If I can more or less quadruple the income from my extractors in 0.0, I should be able to pull off 28.8 mil a day (one hi-tech processor making wetware mainframes nonstop).

I have each planet running a P2 production chain (minus my 10th planet, which runs the P3 and P4 chains), which is hard to set up but very, very profitable. Even at my rather crappy current production values, I'm still making about 15 mil a day for clicking a few buttons.

edit: btw, I'm Guns nButter in game. Not worried about your tauntings considering our alliance just splintered Razz
Back to top Go down
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:15 am

MatthewTyson wrote:
.....considering our alliance just splintered Razz

*Off topic*

Waaaaiit a minute.......what exactly happened, now?
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:31 am

Church wrote:
MatthewTyson wrote:

*Off topic*

basically: everyone and their supercariers in syndicate space were out to get us. Certain corps dropped alliance to join other alliances, so they could attack our alliance. As well as some started attacking us before they even left. All went to hell, and now we are down to like the 20 members of SLBF
Back to top Go down
Church

Church

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Hunter wrote:
Church wrote:
MatthewTyson wrote:

*Off topic*

basically: everyone and their supercariers in syndicate space were out to get us. Certain corps dropped alliance to join other alliances, so they could attack our alliance. As well as some started attacking us before they even left. All went to hell, and now we are down to like the 20 members of SLBF

So I've pretty much just missed political drama? Figured so. Damn shame, though. Had the option to get 2 full sets of arties for my Mael for free. Guess it's not happening now. So....what are we doing at the moment, exactly?
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:39 pm

well I was at 200m and almost ready to buy my nighthawk, I finally finished hac4 even. But I can no longer afford the nighthawk because I spent 180m on 2 pith c-type boosters :B. I'm going to run a duel booster setup on the nighthawk, and these were both great deals, so for right now I am using them on my drake with full gank modules in the low to simulate what my nighthawk will function like to prepare. All I can say is, full gank, active tank is definitely the way to go.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Hopefully you won't go into hostile space with that drake...?
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:06 pm

this is my mission ship, I'm buying another drake for 0.0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright I need some help making some cash in eve   Alright I need some help making some cash in eve Empty

Back to top Go down

Alright I need some help making some cash in eve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club :: Other :: Gaming :: Eve Online-
Jump to: