Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

A&K SR25k upgrade help please read

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
captboone

captboone

A&K SR25k upgrade help please read Empty
PostSubject: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:41 pm

http://www.airsplat.com/items/ER-1KIT-M16-LRM.htm
^ That is the link for the gun I am saving for
I am considering putting in a m150-m180 spring in the sr25 when i buy it, but due to the elongated v2 gearbox it may not fit properly which will lower the fps which is what I'm worried about. I need some expert opinion on if the gun will even be able to withstand a spring that powerful without cracking or striping the gears. I need to know if I do buy a new spring for it if it will fit, if I will have to buy a new piston,gears, etc. due to the new spring to keep everything from breaking. I have already checked the motor and it should be ok with an m180 spring. Also I need to know if I should go with an 8.4v or higher. I was thinking higher but that is more expansive. Any replies would be appreciated especially from people experienced in these matters.
also I need to know what it will cost me if I do upgrade it and I have been researching some and the psg-1 spring should fit the sr25 not sure though.

Thanks for reading everyone,
capt boone
Back to top Go down
Epinkard - Badger of Doom
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:43 am

Without upgrading anything else I wouldn't put that strong a spring in it. The highest Ill put in a stock gun is a m140. Anything higher you need to upgrade the other stuff in the gearbox and possibly the gearbox itself. If you don't you will be asking for trouble. I would be very concerned about the strain on the motor, you would definitely need a high torque motor to pull that M180. Truth is though you don't need a gun that shoots that hot. In fact a gun with an m180 would not be allowed at most fields (including ours) due to fps limits. This is due to safety. If your trying to get range out of your gun remember that FPS does not equal range. Hop up is really what determines range. This is the reason that some 300-350 fps Tokyo Marui guns outrange other guns with much higher fps.

I would get the gun, use it stock for a while, then make a list of what you think needs improvement. Then I would start planning upgrades.
Back to top Go down
captboone

captboone

PostSubject: Re: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:07 am

Ok thanks also I took apart my first gearbox yesterday and that was very interesting and I learned a lot but due my clumsiness I dropped it on a hrard wood floor breaking the safety thing in the gearbox. When I make it to a game Id like to Bring it with me and see if someone can fix it or tell me how. The part broken is a small price of plastic to the right of the trigger. Any help would be appreciated including what the price is called and where I can get a new one
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:21 am

I would be happy to identify the part for you when you come to a game.
Back to top Go down
captboone

captboone

PostSubject: Re: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Ok I figured out the name of the part I believe and it is a safety cover and i replaced it with one off of my old gun but i was playing with it again today (I guess I never learn) and i broke a wire so I will need a wiring harness that will fit my MP5 A5 v2 gearbox. --- I know this is sad but I am learning Razz If someone has one that I can buy i would much appreciate it.

thanks again,
boone
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:14 pm

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=745_31_168

This might help a bit. Unfortunately I don't have one. All of my guns have been wired to the rear.
Back to top Go down
CaptKirby
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:21 pm

I have a couple MP5 wiring harnesses. I'll text you about it.
Back to top Go down
captboone

captboone

PostSubject: Re: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:49 pm

We hav a soddering gun at the house i should be able to fix it but if i cant ill let u no
Back to top Go down
Aramis
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni
Aramis

PostSubject: Re: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 11:36 am

From what I've experienced the BONE STOCK A&K SR-25 is a real nice shooter. You might not need to put too much into it at all. an M180 would have you shooting through car doors.... kinda. I don't think I've ever ever run into anyone who put more than an m150 in their gun and even then the guy wasn't allowed to use it. If you don't like the fps I would go as high as an m130. As far as spring length goes you should be ok if you are upgrading the spring to put a ball bearing piston head and spring guide in there. That will take up the extra room if there is any. I haven't worked on the SR-25 extensively, but I don't remember having a problem with springs.

I'll echo what Badger said, hop up, hop up, hop up. That's really where you want to put all your eggs. we can work on tweaking yours when you get the gun.

The mp5 should be easy if you can get it to a game. I can bring my tools and we'll fix it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A&K SR25k upgrade help please read   A&K SR25k upgrade help please read Empty

Back to top Go down

A&K SR25k upgrade help please read
Page 1 of 1