Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

Share | 

Flat hop up vs R-hop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Epinkard - Badger of Doom
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Flat hop up vs R-hop   Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:32 am

As some of you know there are several modifications a person can do to make a hop up have a flat nub or more contact with the bb. Both mods increases range and accuracy. The flat hop features a moundless or modified bucking and a flat nub to increase bb backspin due to more time contacting the nub Modify just came out with a hop up bucking/Flat nub combo you could put in a regular hop up unit without any modification. The bucking doesn't have a ridge on the inside and the nub is flat on the side that effects bb backspin. If I recall someone in the club (Hunter maybe?) put a flat hop up on a sniper and got some pretty impressive results.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=11712
Also firefly and prometheus both have a flat hop up nub as well.
http://www.ampedairsoft.com/product_p/ff-namazu-flat-nub.htm
http://www.ampedairsoft.com/product_p/pr-4560329179185.htm

R hop is basically the same concept but the nub is concave to effect more surface area on the bb. Hunterseeker is producing nubs for this mod but you have to modify the hop up bucking and the inner barrel of your gun to seat it properly and it takes a long time of careful sanding to make the mod perform like it should.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=11712

Both mods seem to yield some impressive results from what I gather most people should expect to gain quite a bit of range with some people getting close or exceeding 300ft. I realize results may vary and some people are full of it but enough people are experiencing large range/accuracy increases and I figured I would try to get more range/accuracy out of the dmr. What I am wondering is which mod would be better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigmacSasquatch
Vice-President
Vice-President

PostSubject: Re: Flat hop up vs R-hop   Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:25 pm

I've heard that the R-hop system is very effective once you break it in, but I've heard just as much about it being pretty hard to install and adjust to your liking. I would personally go with the flat hop up. Prometheus would be my choice, they're effective and reliable. On a side note, I wanted to contact you about my G36. If you get a chance, could you see about removing the flash hider? I received a madbull suppressor for christmas and I lack the tools to remove the flash hider on my own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epinkard - Badger of Doom
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Flat hop up vs R-hop   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Im not in Starkville right now, but I should be back maybe Thursday or Friday and I'll take a look at it then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigmacSasquatch
Vice-President
Vice-President

PostSubject: Re: Flat hop up vs R-hop   Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flat hop up vs R-hop   

Back to top Go down