Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club

HomeHome  MS-TAC SiteMS-TAC Site  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to MS-TAC's new forums. New announcements will be displayed here.
By default all topics you post or reply to will set you to watching them. You can turn this off under Profile > Preferences.
Check out the sticky under MS-TAC > General to visit the old forums.

Repairing an g4-a3 dmr

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Epinkard - Badger of Doom
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

Repairing an g4-a3 dmr Empty
PostSubject: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:01 pm

In case the RMA @ airsoft gi tries to make me pay for shipping back to airsoft gi or wont accept the gun for repairs due to my not having the original packaging. Im considering trying to fix it myself. While in full auto the gun continues to shoot after I've taken my finger off the trigger. As i understand it that is caused by the trigger contacts being too long or misaligned. im wondering would bending the contacts to shorten them work in fixing that problem? The wires going to the motor are somewhat loose but im positive i can fix that with no trouble. The battery compartment had a plastic holder that came in it to put the battery in. the problem with this is that if i try to adjust the gun to some of the shorter positions the holder gets in the way and crimps the battery wire. Would there be any ill effects in not using the battery holder?
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:21 pm

As far as the battery holder, it would probably just mean the battery wiggles in there. Which isn't a big deal.

The contact might also just be getting stuck. Which could mean it needs some grease to allow it to move freely. It could mean the contact is getting stuck, which may mean there's a little snag in there. Moving the contacts around a lot can normally show you if there's a snag.

In conclusion, check the firing contacts, whether its the plate the slides on the side of the gearbox or the pin the pushes into the prongs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ms-tac.org.msstate.edu/
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Can i check this without opening the gearbox? I know this is a noobish question i just haven't messed with a version 2 gear box or a m4 before.
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Ah yes, version 2 gearbox has the side plate. So yea you can check to see if the sliding plate on the outside of the gearbox is the problem. However, for it to be stuck constantly firing, I'd assume it would be a problem with the trigger assembly which is inside the gearbox right in front of the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Im a little bit worried about trying to take the gearbox out due to the wires being in the back. Do you have any tips that might help me there?
Back to top Go down
Victor
Admin
Admin
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:47 am

Don't really know much about armalites but there may be an extension that you can unplug somewhere just for that reason.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 1:26 pm

Full auto stick happens when your trigger block gets stuck forward. That means taking apart the gearbox.

Taking apart a rear-wired armalite sucks. I can do it but I would much prefer to let ASGI do it because if they fuck up they still owe you for it.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:39 pm

I understand the sentiment about wanting ASGI to repair it. It is still under warranty and I plan to sent it back to them. I'm just trying to figure out what to do in case they wont accept the gun for repair due to me not having the original packaging. Im still waiting to hear back from them about how to ship the gun back to them and if im going to have to pay for shipping and how much that would cost.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:08 pm

Getting stuck on full auto happens because the trigger block gets stuck, as was mentioned. A little bit of sandpaper and some grease will fix it right up. Victor and I are both capable of fixing it right up should ASGI decline to do it for you. Just let us know.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks Ill be sure to if they refuse it. I talked to them last week and they got the rma approved. Im just waiting for an answer to the shipping problem. If i have to ask you to do it do you mind if i watch? Im trying to get a better feel for fixing my gear.
Back to top Go down
MatthewTyson

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Certainly.
Back to top Go down
trumpet7347
Webmaster
Webmaster
trumpet7347

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Getting the gear box out of the GI's is that bad, just remove the buffer tube and the there is a couple of slide clips that detach the wires from the battery plug, after that its as easy as a few screws and a pin or two. The GI's however are slightly different in the breakdown, when removing the upper receiver from the lower, instead of tilting like most ar's do, it slides forward, this means that you have to remove both of the body pins, not just the rear one. If you want to know anything more about getting the gear box out just ask, I have broken mine down enough to be able to walk you through it.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:57 am

Thanks for the instructions on getting the gearbox out. I knew there are clips that attach to the motor but i didn't know about the ones in the buffer tube. Does the blowback system come off with the upper receiver or is it attached to the gearbox?
Back to top Go down
trumpet7347
Webmaster
Webmaster
trumpet7347

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:18 am

the entire blowback system is just a small piston that is attached to the gear box itself, you shouldn't have to worry about it when taking the upper receiver off.
Back to top Go down
Esteemed Alumni
Esteemed Alumni

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 am

Thanks. The RMA got back to me today and im probably going to send it to them but i still am appreciative for the information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repairing an g4-a3 dmr   Repairing an g4-a3 dmr Empty

Back to top Go down

Repairing an g4-a3 dmr
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mississippi State Tactical Airsoft Club :: Airsoft General :: AEG Discussion-
Jump to: